International gaming developer and publisher MOONTON Games has announced a collaboration with Malaysia’s Ministry of Youth and Sports and Esports Integrated (ESI) through a press conference held at ESI Hub for the upcoming Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Southeast Asia Cup (MSC) 2022. The competition will be held for the very first time in Malaysia, and help to catalyse a vibrant and inclusive esports ecosystem, in line with the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS)’s Strategic Plan for Esports Development 2020 – 2025, to support regional tournaments.
The year’s theme, #SupremaSEA, celebrates esports supremacy by bringing the top Southeast Asian athletes together to become the regional authority in the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB) competitive field. Present in the conference are Minister YB Dato’ Seri Ahmad Faizal bin Dato’ Azumu and Deputy Minister YB Senator Dato’ Sri Ti Lian Ker of Ministry of Youth & Sports Malaysia, Ahmed Faris Amir, Chief Executive Officer of Esports Integrated, and Fikri Rizal Mahruddin, Marketing Lead, MPL Malaysia, MOONTON Games.
“Held for the very first time in Malaysia, MSC 2022 is in line with the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS)’s Strategic Plan for Esports Development 2020 – 2025, to expand and support regional esports tournaments. Malaysia has produced many talented esports professionals who have flourished well in international and local competitions. MSC 2022 will help to propel Malaysia’s esports ecosystem to new heights, well in line with our vision as a vibrant esports hub to nurture our locals to become world-renowned esports athletes.” stated YB Dato’ Seri Ahmad Faizal bin Dato’ Azumu, the Minister of Youth and Sports.
“This growth reflects the interest amongst the community, especially the youths, towards esports. KBS through the ESI initiative, has managed to garner massive interest and participation within the community, with viewership of ESI’s tournaments such as Malaysia Esports League and Malaysia Esports Championship reaching 2.5 million last year and ESI’s tournament platform, esukan.gg, gaining an increase of 150,000 active users, especially MLBB players.” said Fadzli Rahim, the Vice President of Operations & Growth ESI.
“As one of the earliest pioneers in esports, MOONTON Games is excited to collaborate with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, and ESI once again to strengthen the local ecosystem. We have made several inroads with MPL Malaysia over the last few years, and are confident of our local athletes’ ability to represent our nation for MSC 2022.” stated Fikri Rizal Mahruddin.
Showcasing #SupremaSEA in MSC 2022
The Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Southeast Asia Cup 2022 will be held at Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC), the biggest exhibition center locally. It is located at Kompleks MITEC, No. 8, Jalan Dutamas 2, Kuala Lumpur.
Fans who wish to watch the tournaments live can purchase their Gold or Silver tickets per match from the ticketing platform Ticket2u. On 11 June, fans can also buy tickets on-site.
Gold tickets are sold from MYR 35 – 40, where fans can redeem one (1) in-game chest containing a guaranteed skin such as Cherry Witch Kagura, Evolved Predator Helcurt, and Amethyst Dance Guinevere, among others. They can also acquire (1) in-game chest with a chance to get rare skins; Night Shade Ling, Dragon Armor Masha, and Draconic Flame Valir. On-site, they are granted priority access to the event hall and meet and greet with the teams.
Meanwhile, Silver tickets are sold from MYR 25 – 30, where fans redeem 2 in-game chests that have a chance to drop a rare skin. Ticket prices vary based on the length of each match, from the best of three (BO3) to seven (BO7) series.
There are other exciting on-ground activities, including photo booths and watch parties in the fan zone. Fans can also chant and cheer for their teams, and those streaming the matches online are able to score rewards through different activities such as the MSC Pass, MSC Tournament Quiz, and MSC Championship Quiz, among others.
MSC 2022 Schedule and Format
The tournament will be divided into two phases – the Group Stage and Playoffs. As drawn last May 26th, the groups are as follows:
Three (3) points will be given to the team for winning the best-of-two (BO2) series. Meanwhile, one (1) point will be given to each team should they encounter a tiebreaker.
If the top two teams from each group cannot be determined from the points system, no tiebreaker match will be held. It will be settled with each team’s head-to-head record that includes time of the match, kill counts, and golds acquired.
The top 2 teams from the groups will fight to qualify for the Playoffs scheduled on 14-19 June. Qualifying teams will once again be drawn randomly and will undergo a double elimination process.
The MSC 2022 is supported by different local and international brands to deliver supreme-level tournament experience for both the athletes and on-ground fans.
TikTok is the official content partner for this year’s MSC. Leading digital entertainment enabler UniPin joins Aptoide, Media Corp, and Secret Lab as regional partners in esports, with eGG Network serving as the official regional media partner.
In Malaysia, ASUS ROG is the official gaming phone partner for MSC 2022, with Maggi Hot Cup serving up great and tasty snacks for participants at the event. Other official partners in esports include Gempak, MyGameOn, HotFM, FlyFM, HitzFM, EraFM, GoXuan, and Syok. Tonton will broadcast the matches. As for Indonesia, TikTok, Secretlab, and Grab are the official partners.
In the Philippines, Smart joins as the official telco partner, and Samsung as the official sponsor. Maya, SecretLab, SM Supermalls, are the official partners in esports, while TikTok is the official content partner. Meanwhile, Smart and Sting are the official presenter and sponsor in Cambodia, respectively.
- MLBB-Esports (English): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Filipino): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Cambodian): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Malay): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Thai): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Bahasa): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Esports (Burmese): https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB-Global (English): https://www.facebook.com/mobilelegendsgame
- MLBB-Esports (English): https://www.facebook.com/MLESPORTS/
- MLBB-TH (Thai): https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameTH
- MLBB-KH (Cambodian): https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameCambodia
- MLBB-MM (Burmese): https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameMyanmar/
- MPL-SG (English): https://www.facebook.com/mpl.sg.official
- MPL-PH (Filipino): https://www.facebook.com/mplph.official
- MPL-ID (Bahasa): https://www.facebook.com/mpl.id.official
- MPL-MY (Malay): https://www.facebook.com/mplmy.official/
- MLBB-Global (English): https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendssgofficial?lang=en
- MLBB-PH (Filipino): https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendsphofficial
- MLBB-MY (Malay): https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendsmy?source=h5_m
- MLBB-SG (English): https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendssgofficial?lang=en
- MLBB-ID (Bahasa): https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegends_id?lang=zh-Hant-TW&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
- MPL-PH (Filipino): https://www.tiktok.com/@mplph_official
- MPL-MY (Malay): https://www.tiktok.com/@mplmy?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
- MPL-SG (English): https://www.tiktok.com/@mplsingapore
- MPL-ID (Bahasa): https://email@example.com?lang=zh-Hant-TW