Kingston Technology, a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has added new features to its recent Cyber Defense 2018 Global Awards winning IronKey™ D300 encrypted USB Flash drive to improve device management and security. A new Serialized version (D300S) with two new features will further enhance the drive’s already advanced level of security to safeguard sensitive data.
IronKey D300S will have a unique serial number and barcode on the drive itself, allowing network administrators to simply read or scan the code instead of plugging in the drive. When a drive is deployed, returned or during any physical auditing or asset management of hardware, this feature will make the process more efficient and streamlined. The second feature, a virtual keyboard, enables users to enter a password with clicks of the mouse instead of using a physical keyboard, thereby providing a greater level of protection against any possible keylogging when using D300S on other computers.
The new Serialized drives will also be available as a Managed model1 (D300SM) that requires IronKey EMS or SafeConsole® by DataLocker³ allowing central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. This will be the first IronKey drive that will now be supported on SafeConsole, allowing it to be used by customers who already have it installed. IronKey D300SM will be available Q1 2019.
“We’re not content on standing pat with any of our products, no matter how good they are,” said Kingston “The data protection provided by IronKey D300 is already top notch, and we’ve listened to requests from our customers. These two enhancements in the D300 series add to its industry-leading data-protection capabilities. With Kingston’s 30-plus years of expertise in quality technology solutions behind it, along with the latest NAND Flash memory and controller technology, users of any D300 drive can rest assured that their confidential data and information are well protected from the risks and threats associated with loss, theft, or stolen digital devices.”
|Operating System||D300/D300S||D300 Managed||D300S Managed|
|File Transfer||IronKey EMS||File Transfer||SafeConsole/
|Windows® 10, 8.1. 8, 7 (SP1)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mac OS X v.10.9.x – 10.12.x||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
1 Password requirements set by Administrator during set up using IronKey EMS for IronKey D300 Managed drives.
2 Product must be clean and dry before use.
3 IronKey EMS/SafeConsole by DataLocker, purchased separately.
4 D300S supports limited Linux commands, such as login, logout, initialize, about and forgot password.
5 D300SM supports limited Linux commands, such as login, logout and password change.
6 Certain distributions of Linux will require super-user (root) privileges in order to execute the DataTraveler commands properly in the terminal application window.
7 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
8 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
Kingston IronKey D300 Serialized Features and Specifications:
- Encrypted: With encryption, no one can access data that you have stored on the drive without knowing the password.1
- Meet frequently requested IT requirements: IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant so you can rest assured it meets the most frequently requested corporate and government IT requirements.
- Easily manage thousands of drives: With IronKey EMS or SafeConsole you can centrally administer access and usage policies and easily manage thousands of drives.
- Unique Serial Number and Scannable Barcode: Time saver, simply read or scan the barcode, when deploying, when it is returned as well as during any physical auditing.
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Capacity7: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Speed8: USB 3.1 Gen 1: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
USB 2.0: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB–128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions:06″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Waterproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX82.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Two (2) free drive letters required for use
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x – 10.14.x)
- Standard Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x – 10.14.x), Linux v.2.6x+ 6
- Managed Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x – 10.14.x)
Kingston can be found on: